Rifle scopes will work fine. Shotgun and muzzleloader scopes will work fine. All I usually concern myself on is eye relief. I like at least 3.8-4 inches of eye relief.
What kind of scope can you put on a muzzleloader?
Leupold VX-Freedom Muzzleloader Scope. Sig Sauer Sierra 6 BDX Scope. Thompson Center Hawken Hunter Muzzleloader Scope. Mueller Optical Multishot Waterproof Riflescope.
What’s the difference between a muzzleloader scope and a regular rifle scope?
The main difference is eye relief, or the distance that you can hold your head behind the scope. The muzzleloaders tend to have more recoil, so they have a greater eye relief so you can hold your head farther back to cut down the chance of getting a “half moon” over your eye.
Will a vortex crossfire scope work on a muzzleloader?
Vortex Crossfire II
It also has multi-coated lenses that facilitate great light transmission and clarity under a variety of circumstances . … Of those, the 2-7x32mm or the 3-9x40mm options with the Vortex Dead Hold BDC will fit the bill perfectly for the vast majority of muzzleloader hunters.
What is the best long range muzzleloader scope?
- Nikon INLINE XR BDC 300 Muzzleloader Scope – Best Overall. …
- Nikon Buckmasters II 3-9x40mm BDC 1in Waterproof Matte Riflescope – Budget-friendly Scope for Muzzleloader. …
- Nikon Prostaff P3 Muzzleloader 3-9X40 BDC 300 Riflescope – Newer Model of Nikon INLINE XR.
Do I need a special scope for a muzzleloader?
For any great muzzleloader rifle, you’ll need a capable and long-distance rifle scope that can withstand the recoil of a typical firearm plus afford consistency. This is especially true since muzzleloader rifles are more punishing if you miss.
How far does a muzzleloader shoot?
For any ethical hunter, 200 yards is about the limit of ballistic and shooter performance for a modern muzzleloader.
What is the difference between a muzzleloader and a rifle?
A muzzleloader describes how the bullet and powder are loaded into the barrel, similar to the way one loads a cannon. A rifle describes a long barreled weapon meant to be shot with two hands, from the shoulder, with rifling grooves in the barrel.
Can you use a scope on a muzzleloader in Minnesota?
Are scopes on muzzleloaders legal for the muzzleloader season? Any hunter may use a magnifying or holographic “red dot” scopes during the muzzleloader deer season without a special permit.
What is the best muzzleloader?
The 8 Best Modern Muzzleloaders (Plus a Totally New Ignition…
- CVA Paramount. CVA Paramount .45 Caliber • Price: $1,100.
- Traditions Vortek StrikerFire .50 Caliber. …
- Gunwerks Gen 2 .50 Caliber Muzzleloader. …
- Remington Model 700 Ultimate Muzzleloader. …
- Thompson/Center Triumph Bone Collector. …
- Thompson/Center Impact!
What is a 1x scope?
Recently, optics sporting a “true” 1x (no magnification) low end are all the rage. These are optics that cause zero optical distortion on their lowest setting for maximum speed in target acquisition. This is a nice feature to have, but can add a lot of expense to a variable power scope.
What is a good shotgun scope?
The 5 Best Shotgun Scope
- Leupold VX-Freedom 2-7×33: Best Overall.
- Vortex Strike Eagle 1-8×24: Best Turkey Shotgun Scope.
- EOTECH EXPS2: Best for Duck Hunting.
- Nikon 3-9×40 BDC: Best Budget Shotgun Scope.
- Leupold VX-Freedom 3-9×40: Best for Deer Hunting.
What is the best scope for a 50 cal muzzleloader?
Best Muzzleloader Scope on the Market Review
- 1 Leupold VX-Freedom Muzzleloader. …
- 2 Thompson Center Rifle Scope 1x32mm. …
- 3 Nikon Prostaff P5 2.5-10×42 BDC. …
- 4 UTG 4X32 1″ Crossbow Scope. …
- 5 Burris 3-9 x 40mm Fullfield II Riflescope. …
- 6 Bushnell Banner Dusk & Dawn Riflescope. …
- 7 Vortex Optics Copperhead 3-9×40 Riflescope.
Are tradition scopes any good?
To state that he likes this scope is an understatement. It appears to be a solid, well-made piece of equipment with good mounting latitude. The 1/4 MOA elevation and windage adjustments are positive and easy to use, although the maximum adjustment range is more limited than most.
Can you put a red dot on a muzzle loader?
A quality red dot sight like the Burris Fast Fire III has great low light performance and is an excellent choice for extremely rapid target acquisition. … Finally, though mounting a red dot sight on a muzzleloader is pretty simple, it does require the use of a Picatinny rail like the Williams Ace in the Hole.