What is there to do in Winchester Va today?
12 Interesting & Diverse Things to Do in Winchester, VA
- Visit Old Town Winchester.
- Visit the Museum of Shenandoah Valley.
- Go to the Patsy Cline House.
- Have a Coffee at Hopscotch Coffee & Records.
- Check Out Handley Library.
- Stop by the Douglas School.
- Walk Through Mount Hebron Cemetery.
What is there to do in downtown Winchester VA?
Attractions & Museums
- Bright Box Theater. …
- Fort Loudoun Historic Site. …
- George Washington’s Office Museum. …
- Godfrey Miller Home & Fellowship Center. …
- Handley Regional Library. …
- Mount Hebron Cemetery. …
- Museum of the Shenandoah Valley. …
- Old Town Winchester Splash Pad.
What is Winchester Virginia known for?
Winchester has long been known as the “Apple Capital” surrounded as it is by vast orchards and constituting one of the largest apple export markets of the nation and the largest producing area in Virginia.
What is close to Winchester VA?
Cities near Winchester, Virginia:
- Front Royal, VA.
- Martinsburg, WV.
- Leesburg, VA.
- Hagerstown, MD.
- Dulles, VA.
- Frederick, MD.
- Chantilly, VA.
- Herndon, VA.
Is Winchester Va safe?
The chance of becoming a victim of either violent or property crime in Winchester is 1 in 38. Based on FBI crime data, Winchester is not one of the safest communities in America. Relative to Virginia, Winchester has a crime rate that is higher than 90% of the state’s cities and towns of all sizes.
Is Winchester VA a good place to live?
Winchester is in Winchester City County and is one of the best places to live in Virginia. Living in Winchester offers residents a dense suburban feel and most residents rent their homes. In Winchester there are a lot of restaurants, coffee shops, and parks. … The public schools in Winchester are above average.
Why should I visit Winchester?
From world class attractions and architecture, unrivalled shopping and delicious dining, to countryside trails for walking and cycling – there’s plenty to do in and around Winchester.
What is there to do in Winchester Va at night?
Best fun things to do at night near Winchester, VA 22601
- Bright Box Theater. 1.1 mi. …
- The Family Drive-In Theatre. 7.6 mi. …
- Alamo Drafthouse Cinema Winchester. 3.7 mi. …
- AMC Classic Apple Blossom 12. 0.7 mi. …
- Blue Fox Billiards Bar & Grill. 1.3 mi. …
- Polka Dot Pottery. 1.2 mi. …
- James Charles Winery & Vineyard. …
- Valerie Hill Vineyard & Winery.
What is the cost of living in Winchester Virginia?
Winchester cost of living is 101.8
|COST OF LIVING||Winchester||Virginia|
|Median Home Cost||$247,400||$258,400|
How many times did Winchester Virginia change hands during the Civil War?
Sneden notes on the map that Winchester was a city that changed hands 46 times during the war. He lists three major battles near Winchester, fought in March 1862, May 1864, and September 1864.
How old is Winchester VA?
Winchester, founded in 1744, is the oldest Virginia city west of the Blue Ridge Mountains. Located at the northern entrance of the Shenandoah Valley, the City encompasses 9.3 square miles and is the medical, industrial, commercial and agricultural center for the surrounding areas.
Is Winchester Va an independent city?
Winchester is an independent city located in the northern portion of the Commonwealth of Virginia, United States. … As of the 2010 census, the city’s population was 26,203.
What towns are close to Winchester?
Cities near Winchester, Massachusetts:
- Woburn, MA.
- Stoneham, MA.
- Arlington, MA.
- Medford, MA.
- Melrose, MA.
- Malden, MA.
- Belmont, MA.
- Lexington, MA.
What towns are in the Shenandoah Valley?
The 9 Best Towns in the Shenandoah Valley
- 01 of 09. Shepherdstown, West Virginia. …
- 02 of 09. Berryville, Virginia. …
- 03 of 09. Strasburg, Virginia. …
- 04 of 09. Front Royal, Virginia. …
- 05 of 09. New Market, Virginia. …
- 06 of 09. Luray, Virginia. …
- 07 of 09. Staunton, Virginia. …
- 08 of 09. Waynesboro, Virginia.